Monday, May 2, 2011

The Visitor

Something is different in the bosom of Abraham today. I awoke to find an unexpected guest. I'm actually quite excited. I have heard voices before, so I have known that I am not alone here, but this is the first time I have actually seen someone else since arriving here in my glorious translated state. He's still asleep, and I don't want to wake him, and yet there is something oddly familiar about him, as if I have seen him somewhere before...

He appears to be a little dark-skinned (maybe he was from Mexico, or Arizona), and I'm surprised that they didn't shave him when he was translated -- maybe they were going for the "prophet of old" look. He is also dripping wet, which is actually what woke me up this morning (the unusual smell of sea bass). But I really can't wait to talk to him and find out what ward he was in and if he knew any of my cousins, or any of my cousins' cousins. It will be just like the mission field again. I hope he brought a picture scrapbook!

Oh, this is such a joyous day. I am no longer lone man in the bosom of Abraham! Now I know how Adam felt.

Wait... that sounds kind of weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment